High School Students
Start your college experience as a Georgia State University Panther and choose from dozens of nationally-ranked programs and more than 250 different majors, minors, and degree programs.
The SAT FI formula is: SAT FI= (500x HSGPA) + SAT V + SAT M
The ACT FI formula is: ACT FI= (500 x HSGPA) + (ACT composite x 42) + 88
A freshman is an applicant who has never been enrolled in a regionally-accredited college or university, with the exception of joint enrollment while in high school. Georgia State calculates admissibility through consideration of two factors: a student’s grade point average (GPA) in the College Prep Curriculum high school courses and official SAT and/or ACT scores. The average ranges for admissible freshmen are as follows:
|High School Core GPA||3.2 – 3.7|
|SAT (Verbal + Math only)||970 – 1190|
|ACT (Composite)||21 – 27|
- Georgia State requires completion of the College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) course units. Please refer to the table above for the average GPA range of accepted students.
|ENGLISH||4||Any 4 English/Language Arts|
|MATH||4||Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry & 1 Higher Level Math|
|NATURAL SCIENCE||4||1 Life Science/Lab, 1 Physical Science/Lab, & 2 Science Electives|
|SOCIAL SCIENCE||3||1 U.S. History, 1 World History & 1 Social Science Elective|
|FOREIGN LANGUAGE||2||Both units must be the same language.American Sign Language is acceptable.|
- Georgia State requires freshmen applicants to submit SATor ACT scores. Please refer to the table above for the average test ranges of accepted GSU students. All test scores must be submitted electronically directly from the appropriate testing agency. Georgia State will not review any application based on test scores received on a high school transcript, nor will we consider paper rush reports.
- If you are a high-school student who’s interested in taking college courses now, please visit dual enrollment.
- Home-schooled students and students graduating from non-accredited schools must follow admissions requirements and process here.
- If you have been out of school for at least five years, please view our non-traditional page.
Submit Undergraduate Application for Admission Online.
*We no longer offer a paper application or a printable PDF application. All applications must be submitted online.
Submit Non-Refundable Application Fee of $60.00 (by credit card or checking account system) or provide an approved Collegeboard, NACAC or ACT fee waiver. (For ACT waivers, speak with your high school guidance counselor. Fee waivers are only taken for prospective freshman applications.)
If you are going to pay for your application with an approved fee waiver, you must follow these steps:
- Apply online and submit the completed application.
- Mail your original, approved fee waiver to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Sparks Hall, Suite 200
P.O. Box 4009
Atlanta, GA 30302-4009
*Your application will not be reviewed for admission until we have received your complete and approved free waiver.
Submit Test Scores Electronically.
- Applicants must submit SAT and/or ACT scores electronically.
- Submit SAT scores through Collegeboard.
- Submit ACT scores through ACT.
Submit Official High School Transcripts.
High schools must send transcripts through official mail or electronically through GAcollege411. A final official transcript must also be sent after graduation. Calculation of GPA is based on core academic classes only.
Check your admission status.
*Dual Enrollment students please click here for application deadlines.
*Home-schooled students must follow admissions requirements and process here. If you have previously attended Georgia State, or if you wish to enroll as a GSU-62 student, do not use the online application. Instead, read our special information for re-entry applicants and for GSU-62 students.