Move On When Ready
Move On When Ready provides the opportunity for high school juniors and seniors to enroll part-time or full-time to earn both high school and college credits. Participation is permitted during the normal fall, spring and summer semesters of the college school year.
Visit the Perimeter College website for information on Georgia State’s Perimeter College Move On When Ready program.
To be eligible for Move On When Ready, a student must:
- Be entering 11th or 12th grade
- Be on track to graduate
- Meet lawful presence requirements
- Obtain approval of the high school counselor and parent(s)/legal guardian(s)
- Must remain in good academic standing with a 2.0 GPA or higher to remain eligible for the program
Students must meet all three requirements for admission. Students not meeting one or more of the requirements will not be admissible for participation in the program.
- GPA Requirement: 3.0
- Test scores: Students may take either the ACT or SAT. Old SAT scores were taken prior to March 2016. The following minimum scores are required:
- ACT Requirement: 23 English and 23 Math
- Old SAT Requirement: 530 Verbal (Critical Reading) and 530 Math
- New SAT Requirement: 29 Reading Section and 650 Math
- Freshman Index (FI): 2600 or higher
Applicants must submit the application, nonrefundable application fee, and required documents by the appropriate deadline.
Fall Semester: May 1
Spring Semester: November 1
Summer Semester: April 1
Note: All deadlines are subject to change.
Step-by-Step Application Instructions
- Complete and submit the online Undergraduate Application for Freshman Admission. You will select ‘Application for Dual Enrollment and Non-Traditional Admission.’
- Submit test scores electronically
- Submit official high school transcripts
High schools must submit official transcripts through mail or electronically. Mailing address: Office of Undergraduate Admissions, P.O. Box 4009, Atlanta, GA 30302-4009. Home school students should follow the process outlined here.
- Submit the signed Student Participation Agreement
- Submit official college transcript only if you were enrolled in dual enrollment at another institution prior to applying to Georgia State.
- Check your application status. The typical timeline for processing an application and supporting documents to receive a decision is approximately is 4-6 weeks.
Students will take all coursework at Georgia State University’s main campus. Move on When Ready courses must be selected from the approved MOWR course list. All schedules are subject to the approval of the appropriate high school official and Georgia State University. Coursework taken through MOWR does not count against HOPE Scholarship or HOPE Grant hours.
The cost for full-time coursework up to 15 semester hours from the approved course listing will be funded by the Georgia Student Finance Commission. Other cost of attendance expenses including lab fees, meals, transportation and personal expenses are the responsibility of the parent/guardian. Any additional credit hours and/or courses not covered under the approved course list must be paid for out of pocket. Students must be aware that grades of C or better apply to all classes, whether covered out of pocket or through FTE funding.
Policies & Regulations
Georgia State University MOWR students are not permitted to live on campus in University Housing and must have a form of transportation to campus. Click here to visit Parking and Transportation.
Beginning fall 2015, the Georgia State University Bookstore will loan required textbooks to each student enrolled in the Move On When Ready program each semester, with the agreement that the textbooks will be returned to Georgia State University at the end of each semester. Download the full textbook policy and agreement form.