With students from more than 150 countries, Georgia State is an international campus. Our students enjoy our vibrant Atlanta location, the Southeast’s economic, governmental and cultural center.
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) applicants, please read this information before submitting your application for admission to Georgia State.
Who are International Students?
Applicants to Georgia State University are classified “international” applicants if they meet any of the following criteria:
- Students who are not U.S. citizens and who are currently in the U.S. on an F-1 (student) visa.
- Students who are currently living outside the U.S. and who will require an F-1 visa to study in the United States.
- Students who are currently in the U.S. on any other class of visa.
- Students who are in the process of applying for Permanent Residency status, but have not yet received the Permanent Residency card.
- Students who have been educated outside of the U.S.
Admission for International Students
International applicants are encouraged to apply through our online system. International applicants must meet the regular admission requirements of their student type. If you have never attended college, please see our admission requirements for High School applicants. If you have completed college coursework and wish to complete your undergraduate degree at Georgia State, please see our admission requirements for Transfer applicants. If you don’t fit in either of those categories, review the other applicant types.
In addition to meeting all of the admission requirements for your student type, as an international student, you must also submit the following materials by the appropriate deadline:
- Proof of English Proficiency if English is not your first language. (Students from Puerto Rico must meet the English Proficiency requirements.)
- International Student Applicant and Immigration Form
- Appropriate Visa/residency documents
- Official evaluations of all foreign transcripts
- Read the International Supplemental Application [PDF]