In addition to meeting all other applicable requirements for admission, non-native speakers of English must demonstrate sufficient English language proficiency. This may be demonstrated by any of the following:
- International Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)scores of:
- 550 or better (paper test)
- 79-80 (internet-based test)
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) score of 58.
- Successful completion of Georgia State University’s Intensive English Program.
- For transfer applicants, completion of a college-level English composition course with a grade of “C-” or better at a regionally accredited U.S. college or university.
- For freshmen applicants, SAT Critical Reading score of 430 or better or ACT English score of 17 or better.
Non-native speakers of English who meet all admission requirements except the English language proficiency may be granted provisional or conditional admission.