Freshman applicants are those who are currently in high school or have received a high school diploma and have less than 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours of college credit.
- Complete all parts of the application, including signature and date.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee of $60.
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores electronically to Georgia State University.
Georgia State offers a limited number of SAT/ACT waivers to F-1 visa international students who demonstrate exceptional academic credentials. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Submit proof of English proficiency.
- Submit official high school transcript(s).
Please do not submit your only original copy – bring it to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and we will make a copy from the original.
- Submit official evaluation (if appropriate).
Georgia State University requires that all international academic documents (transcripts, mark sheets, certificates, leaving examination results, etc.) be formally evaluated by either the Office of Undergraduate Admissions or an independent evaluation service.
- After you are academically admitted to Georgia State University, International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) will contact you about next steps to request your immigration documents and student visa.