Official Transcript Evaluations
Georgia State University requires that all international academic documents (transcripts, mark sheets, certificates, leaving examination results, etc.) be formally evaluated by either the Office of Undergraduate Admissions or an independent evaluation service such as Josef Silny and Associates, Inc. (www.jsilny.com), Educational Credential Evaluators (www.ece.org), or World Education Services (www.wes.org).
Requirements for evaluation by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (limited to an approved list of countries):
- Official original academic documents
- English translation of documents not issued in English
Requirements for independent evaluation service provider:
- Freshmen Applicants with no prior university attendance must request the document-by-document and Grade Point Average evaluation.
- Transfer Applicants with at least 30 transferrable semester credit hours or 45 transferrable quarter hours must request the course-by-course evaluation.
- Transfer Applicants who do not have 30 transferrable semester credit hours or 45 transferrable quarter hours must have the following evaluations:
- High school transcripts: document-by-document and GPA
- University transcripts: course-by-course
- Postbaccalaureate Applicants must request the document-by-document evaluation.
- Non-traditional Freshmen Applicants must request the document-by-document evaluation.