Official Transcript Evaluations
Georgia State University requires that all international documents (transcripts, marksheets, certificates, examination results, etc.) be formally evaluated by an independent evaluation service.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions feels that the services of Josef Silny & Associates best meet the needs of the applicant and Georgia State.
Please note that Josef Silny & Associates will hold documents and evaluations for one year only. After one year has passed, it is necessary to re-submit all documents in order to have an evaluation processed. For this reason, Georgia State recommends that students request additional evaluations to keep for their records (evaluations must remain in the official, sealed, original envelopes) for use should they need an evaluation after one year has passed.
To have your documents evaluated by Josef Silny & Associates, please follow the steps below:
- Submit the Josef Silny application and the appropriate fee.
- Freshmen Applicants with no prior university attendance must request the document-by-document and Grade Point Average evaluation.
- Transfer Applicants with at least 30 transferrable semester credit hours or 45 transferrable quarter hours must request the course-by-course evaluation.
- Transfer Applicants who do not have 30 transferrable semester credit hours or 45 transferrable quarter hours must have the following evaluations:
- High school transcripts: document-by-document and GPA
- University transcripts: course-by-course
- Post-Baccalaureate Applicants must request the document-by-document evaluation.
- Non-traditional Freshmen Applicants must request the document-by-document evaluation.
- Fees from overseas must be submitted in the form of an International Money Order.
- Submit official transcripts, diplomas, and certified English translations to Josef Silny.
- Josef Silny & Associates will return all original documents to the applicant if a self-addressed, stamped envelope is included with the application for evaluation.
The contact information for Josef Silny & Associates is:
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, Fl 33173
Although Josef Silny & Associates is the preferred evaluator of Georgia State University, we will accept evaluations from other National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc, including the agencies listed below.
Students who use any evaluation service other than Josef Silny MUST submit original copies of all documents to Georgia State University.
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087