If you are aged 62 or over and would like to resume, continue or begin a college education, you are considered a GSU-62 applicant. This program is designated to allow eligible applicants to register for college-level courses for credit or audit on a space-available basis. The information below will provide you with detailed information about the GSU-62 application process.
Step-By-Step Regular Application Process
- Submit the Georgia State University Undergraduate Admission Application.
- Submit a copy of birth certificate or current passport.
- Submit official college or university transcripts, if applicable.
If applicant has fewer than 30 transferable college-level credits, please submit official high school transcripts. You can use our transcript request form to request transcripts from your previous schools.
Note: An applicant who has received a bachelor’s degree and wishes to take undergraduate courses without being admitted to a degree-seeking program must complete the following application steps.
Step-By-Step Non-Degree Seeking Application for Postbaccalaurate Admission
- Submit the Georgia State University Non-Degree Seeking Application for Postbaccalaureate Admission
- Copy of birth certificate or current passport
- Official college or university transcript showing conferred bachelor’s degree
Minimum Requirements for the GSU-62 Program
The following minimum requirements must be met in order for an applicant to receive a GSU-62 waiver:
- Must apply and submit all required documentation by the deadline, meet ALL admissions requirements for selected program of study, and be accepted
- Must be 62 of age or older at the time of registration (submit birth certificate or current passport for verification of age)
- Must be classified as a Georgia resident in accordance with the Regent’s Requirements for residential status
For Graduate admissions requirements, please refer to the online information for the Graduate program in which you are interested. GSU-62 benefits do not apply to courses offered by the College of Law.
|Fall: July 1||Fall: June 1||Fall: July 1|
|Spring: December 1||Spring: December 1||Spring: December 1|
|Summer: April 1||Summer: April 1||Summer: April 1|
- For GSU-62 students to receive a waiver for tuition and fees, applicants are required to register during late registration on a space-available basis.
- Check the online registration calendar in PAWS for the semester in which you will be registering to determine the first date of late registration.
- Any classes registered for during “regular registration periods” will not be covered by the waiver and it will be the applicant’s responsibility to pay tuition/fees.
- No tuition or fees will be assessed for classes registered for during late registration, except for supplies or laboratory fees.
- The applicant will be responsible for all student fees associated with obtaining a Georgia State University identification card (Panther Card).