Returning to Georgia State
A re-entry student is one who has previously attended Georgia State and has not registered for courses during any of the previous three semesters.
- If you are admitted as a re-entry student and do not register for the term for which you applied, you must submit a reactivation form to be able to enroll for one of the two subsequent terms of entry. If you wish to register for a term after this time period has passed, you must submit a new application and fee by the posted deadline.
- If you were on scholastic suspension from Georgia State, you must wait one calendar year before applying as a re-entry student. Please reference the Course Catalog for more information about scholastic suspension.
- If you have been on scholastic exclusion from Georgia State, you must wait five or more years before applying as a re-entry student. Please reference the Course Catalog for more information about scholastic exclusion.
- If you attended Georgia State as a transient student and wish to attend an additional term as a transient student, you must apply as a re-entry student.
- Transient students may only attend one fall or spring semester, but may attend unlimited summer semesters.
Click here for admissions deadlines. Note that applications are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis, so it is strongly recommended for applicants to apply as early as possible. Please contact individual departments and/or programs to learn about additional steps for admission or earlier deadline requirements.