Transient (visiting) students are those who are enrolled at another regionally accredited college or university in the United States and intend to apply their Georgia State credits to a degree from their home institution. Transient students can only attend one fall or one spring semester. However, students may apply to attend unlimited summer semesters.
Step-By-Step application Process
- Submit the online Georgia State Undergraduate Application for Postbaccalaureate and Transient Admission.
- Submit the $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Submit an official statement from the appropriate academic official at your home institution granting permission to enroll at Georgia State University for the term of application. Official statement must come in a sealed envelope or come directly from the home institution. Faxed or unsealed copies are not acceptable.
- Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States. Applicants seeking the in-state tuition rate must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States. Georgia State University admits all academically qualified undergraduate students, regardless of immigration status.
- Be eligible to return to their home institution
- Have permission from their home institution to attend Georgia State University
Note: If you have attended Georgia State before as a transient student and wish to return again as a transient student, you must submit a reactivation form and an updated statement of permission.
Note: If you wish to change your status to a transfer student after attending as a transient student, you MUST file a new application for Undergraduate Admissions and submit a new $60.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Fall Semester: August 1
- Spring Semester: December 1
- Summer Semester: April 1
Deadlines are subject to change. Any application received after the deadline will be processed for the next available term.
Accepted Transient Students:
- Review the Next Steps for Accepted Students.
- Review the available courses by semester.
- Visiting students should be prepared to provide a personal copy of a transcript that documents completion of any required prerequisites for Georgia State courses.
- Financial aid is not typically available for transient students.
Establishing Georgia Residency
- For the purpose of establishing Georgia residency for tuition and fee payment, your legal residence is your permanent home.
- You must live in Georgia, but also intend to remain in Georgia indefinitely.
- The durational requirements for Georgia residence under the Board of Regent’s regulation is 12 months before the semester for which you intend to enroll.
- If you entered Georgia to attend an educational institution, the time in school is not normally counted towards the 12-month residence requirement.
Please contact the Enrollment Services Center if you have further questions
Enrollment Services Center main number: 404-413-2900
Tuition classification email: email@example.com