If you’re already in college but are looking for a change, look no further. Georgia State University is a research institution located just steps away from numerous internship and career opportunities.
If you are a Georgia Perimeter College student wishing to move to Georgia State, beginning in Fall 2016, you will be considered a transition student and do not need to submit a transfer application. For students transferring from Georgia Perimeter into Georgia State for Summer 2016, you will need to meet all the requirements and follow the application steps below.
Admission to Georgia State is a selective process and meeting minimum admission requirements does not guarantee acceptance. All transfer applicants must:
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average in college-level courses (excluding development/remedial courses) from all accredited institutions attended.
- Have completed 30 transferable semester credit hours or 45 quarter hours of college-level academic coursework. Those students who have completed fewer than 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours of college-level academic coursework attempted at one or more regionally accredited institutions must meet all freshmen admission requirements.
- Be eligible to re-enroll at the last institution attended.
- Have completed all college preparatory curriculum and learning support coursework required by any University System of Georgia (USG). Note: All attempted courses will be calculated when determining admission into Georgia State University.
- Complete the Undergraduate Admissions Application online. To view admission deadlines, click here.
- Be certain to record all colleges and universities ever attended on the application. Failure to do so is cause for denial or dismissal.
- Arrange for official transcripts from all previously attended institutions to be received directly by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The school can have the approved transcript companies send transcripts electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, or the schools can mail transcripts directly to the Georgia State University Office of Undergraduate Admissions, PO Box 4009, Atlanta GA 30302-4009. Student copies of transcripts, scanned email copies, official transcripts opened by the student, and faxed copies are not acceptable.
- If you have not completed 30 transferable semester hours or 45 quarter hours of college-level academic coursework, you must submit an official high school transcript and electronic SAT and/or ACT test scores.
- Submit the $60 non-refundable application fee. This fee is valid for one full academic year (fall, spring, & summer). Notes: All deadlines are subject to change. The $60 application fee is non-refundable, and covers the three semesters included in one academic year (fall, spring and summer). If an applicant wishes to change their entry term within the academic year, they must complete a re-activation. If an applicant wishes to switch from a summer term to a fall term, however, he/she must submit a new application and fee for a brand new academic year.
Submit Undergraduate Application for Admission.
Submit Non-Refundable Application Fee of $60.00.
Online applications are processed only when accompanied by fee through credit card or checking account system.
Submit Official Transcripts from all Colleges Attended. Official transcripts must be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Final transcripts must also be sent upon completion of any coursework in progress at the time of application. Student copies of transcripts, scanned email copies, official transcripts opened by the student, and faxed copies are not acceptable. The school can have the approved transcript companies send transcripts electronically to email@example.com, or the schools can mail transcripts directly to:
Transcript Mailing Address:
Georgia State University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 4009
Atlanta, GA 30302-4009
Check Course Credit Equivalencies. Check the Transfer Equivalency Charts to see which courses may transfer to Georgia State. If you have fewer than 30 transferrable semester hours or 45 transferrable quarter hours, you will be considered a Freshmen-Transfer student. In addition to the documents listed above, you will need to submit your SAT/ACT scores and an official final high school transcript.
Please Note: Accepted transfer applicants must verify citizenship and lawful presence. All admitted students who plan to enroll must comply with the Citizenship Verification and Lawful Presence requirements.