Admission to Georgia State is a selective process and meeting minimum admission requirements does not guarantee acceptance. All transfer applicants must:
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average in college-level courses (excluding development/remedial courses) from all accredited institutions attended. (NOTE: Summer 2014 and Fall 2014 applicant minimum cumulative GPA requirement is 2.0)
- Have completed 30 transferable semester credit hours or 45 quarter hours of college-level academic coursework. Those students who have completed fewer than 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours of college-level academic coursework attempted at one or more regionally accredited institutions must meet all freshmen admission requirements.
- Be eligible to re-enroll at the last institution attended.
- Have completed all college preparatory curriculum and learning support coursework required by any University System of Georgia (USG).Note: All attempted courses will be calculated when determining admission into Georgia State University.
- Complete the Undergraduate Admissions Application online. To view admission deadlines, click here.
- Be certain to record all colleges and universities ever attended on the application. Failure to do so is cause for denial or dismissal.
- Arrange for official transcripts from all previously attended institutions to be received directly by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Student copies of transcripts, official transcripts opened by the student, and faxed copies are not acceptable.
- If you have not completed 30 transferable semester hours or 45 quarter hours of college-level academic coursework, you must submit an official high school transcript and electronic SAT and/or ACT test scores.
- Submit the $60 non-refundable application fee. This fee is valid for one full academic year (fall, spring, & summer).Notes: All deadlines are subject to change. The $60 application fee is non-refundable, and covers the three semesters included in one academic year (fall, spring, summer). If an applicant wishes to change their entry term within the academic year, they must complete a re-activation. If an applicant wishes to switch from a summer term to a fall term, however, he/she must submit a new application and fee for a brand new academic year.