Apply for Housing at Georgia State University
The Fall 2023 housing application is officially open! That said, we would like to provide some helpful information to walk you through the process. We’ll explain everything you need to know, so keep reading for your housing questions to be answered!
On Campus Housing
First-year students can stay at Piedmont Central, Piedmont North or Patton Hall. The great thing about staying on campus is making friends on campus more easily, having more access to on-campus activities and being next door to Fortune 500 companies that call Atlanta home.
What to Know Before Starting an Application?
Before submitting your application, we would like to share some details that can help the process. They are as follows:
- Select the correct term. If you attend this fall, you will select Fall 2023 Application.
- Read the Housing Agreement. Please read the agreement in its entirety before signing off.
- Provide acceptable payment of credit or debit card. We accept Visa, American Express, Discover or MasterCard.
- Print and keep your confirmation receipt as proof of housing application submission.
How to Apply to Georgia State University Housing?
The housing application is easy-peasy. The steps are below:
- Set up your CampusID and email account. First, locate your CampusID and activate your Panther email account using the link here.
- Log in to MyHousing using your CampusID and password using the link here.
- Now APPLY using the above link.
- Once roommate selection is open, choose a roommate by logging into MyCollege Roomie, completing your profile/questionnaire and finding and finally confirming your roommate.
- Once room selection is open, choose a room. Log in to MyHousing to get your room selection start time, choose your room/suite, find available options and select your room.
How Much Does Georgia State University Housing Cost?
Housing rates are updated before the start of each new semester. However, check out this page here to estimate what you may spend for each semester and academic year. The housing breakdown includes the semester room rate, housing maintenance fee and meal plan. If you’d like to bring your car to campus, you will pay an additional fee for student resident parking.
Gender Inclusive Housing
New or returning students who have completed a MyHousing application and paid their room reservation fee can choose their preferred housing or room selection. When students sign the Gender-Inclusive Housing Policy & Agreement along with their housing contract, they can pair with one or more students regardless of their sex, gender or gender expression. Students who have yet to select their GIH roommate may be randomly paired with another GIH student.
You can start the housing application process at myhousing.gsu.edu and check your email for housing updates.