Students attending a home school program approved by any of these accreditation agencies should apply like traditional first-year applicants.
- Georgia (or any other state’s) Accrediting Commission
- Georgia Private School Accrediting Commission
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Accreditation Commission
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
If you were educated at a non-accredited high school or through a home school program that hasn’t been approved by Georgia State, you’re considered a home school applicant.
Note: Applicants born or educated outside the United States should go to the International Student Admissions page for information.
A $20 non-refundable application fee is due at the time of application submission. A Perimeter College application is valid for three consecutive terms, including the term of application. Review and complete all sections of the application, especially the residency information. Failure to answer questions correctly or provide information will delay and/or affect admission consideration.
Official high school transcript
- This requirement applies to home school students in non-regionally accredited home school programs who have never enrolled in an accredited high school, as well as applicants graduating from regionally accredited home school programs.
- The transcript will chiefly be used to help determine Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) completions for applicants completing non-regionally accredited home school programs.
- For transcripts issued from regionally accredited home school programs, a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher is required. The GPA will be re-calculated by Perimeter College and based upon University System of Georgia-approved RHSC coursework.
- High school transcript must be noted as official, and arrive in a sealed envelope from the high school or regionally accredited home school program.
- Applicants who have not completed high school are required to submit official GED, HiSet or TASC passing scores and high school transcript.
Official transcript from each college, university or technical college attended
- This applies only to applicants with fewer than 30 transferable credit hours.
- Speak to the registrar at your former institution(s) to send transcripts to Perimeter College.
- Applicants must be eligible to return to the last institution they attended.
Letter of completion. A letter from the primary teacher or program administrator certifying completion of high school and date of high school graduation.
Document Upload System. Applicants may upload many documents required for admission, except for official transcripts, test scores or birth certificates.
Admission documents may be mailed to the Perimeter College address below or delivered in person in the original sealed envelope to a Perimeter College Admissions office. Transcripts and test scores must be official.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 4009
Atlanta, GA 30302-4009
You can demonstrate RHSC competence by submitting a portfolio detailing your years of high school study if you meet the following criteria:
- SAT score of at least 1230 (critical reading and math) or an ACT score of at least 23 (composite)
- Board of Regents’ minimum criteria for each section:
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score of at least 480 and SAT Math score of at least 440
- ACT English or Reading score of at least 17 and ACT Math score of at least 17
- SAT and ACT test scores must be submitted electronically directly from the testing organization.
- To satisfy the RHSC requirement, your portfolio must include the following information:
- A transcript listing subjects studied by year
- Titles of textbooks and other classroom resources
- Assignment descriptions and examples of coursework, tests and assignments
- Outline of themes covered in courses
Mail your portfolio before August 1 to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
33 Gilmer St. SE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Perimeter College will review an applicant’s record to make an admission decision after all required documents have been submitted, evaluated and posted to the applicant’s record. Please allow up to 21 days for a final review of your record once your file becomes complete.
An applicant’s Check My Status page is the quickest way to view the applicant’s admission checklist and real-time admission processing updates, including an admission decision.
Documents submitted become and remain the property of Perimeter College and will not be returned to the applicant, duplicated or transferred to another institution. Any applicant withholding or falsifying application data or documentation is subject to dismissal without refund.
Perimeter College processes admission documents and renders admission decisions on a rolling basis. A student’s application is valid for three terms of entry, including the term marked initially on the application and the following two terms of entry. Students who wish to be considered for a term of entry within this time frame must complete a reactivation application and any required credentials by the document due date for the desired term of entry.
Found a broken link or need an edit made on the site? Fill out the Website Feedback form.