If you have completed a bachelor’s degree at a regionally-accredited college or university and wish to enroll in undergraduate-level courses at Georgia State University as a non-degree seeking student, you are considered a postbaccalaureate applicant.
Note: If you earned your bachelor’s degree from Georgia State University, you are considered a re-entry applicant and will follow the re-entry process and deadlines.
Step-By-Step Application Process
- Submit the online Georgia State Undergraduate Application for Postbaccalaureate Admission.
- Have an official transcript sent directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions from the institution awarding your baccalaureate degree.
Student copies of transcripts, opened transcripts, and faxed transcripts are not acceptable. You can use our transcript request form to request a transcript from your previous school.
- Submit the non-refundable $60 application fee.
Online applications are processed only when accompanied by fee through credit card or checking account system. Paper applications are processed only when accompanied by a check or money order.
- Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States. Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States to qualify for in-state tuition classification. Georgia State University admits all academically qualified undergraduate students, regardless of immigration status.
- Fall Semester: August 1
- Spring Semester: December 1
- Summer Semester: April 1
If you are admitted as a re-entry student and do not register for the term for which you applied, you must submit a reactivation application in order to enroll for a term that is within two semesters of your initial application term. Because your application and acceptance is valid for a total of three terms of entry, if you wish to enroll for a later term, you must submit a new application and application fee.
- Postbaccalaureate status is not available in the College of Education. An applicant seeking teacher certification in an area other than art or music must apply as a transfer student.
- Financial aid is typically not available for postbaccalaureate students.
- Postbaccalaureate students should be prepared to provide a personal copy of a transcript that documents completion of any required prerequisites for Georgia State courses.
- Review the Next Steps for Accepted Students.